Sunday, April 18, 2021

The 30 Day Praise Challenge by Becky Harling

We Christians know we are to praise God. Sometimes it is hard to know how to do that, much less establish a habit of daily praise. This book provides thirty days of already created praise statements. Each day also includes a lesson from Harling, a song or two for listening, a prayer reflecting that day's praise topic, and a thought provoking suggestion for journaling.

In addition to the days of devotions, Harling has added good resources to continue the habit of praising God. Many passages from the Psalms are listed in one section. Another gives suggestions from the book of Revelation. She also has information for praising God with specific intent, such as defeating the enemy or when you are grieving or feel depressed.

I like the material in this book. I appreciate the many attributes for which we can praise God. Some of the praise suggestions were a surprise to me, giving me a much broader idea of what it means to praise God consistently. This is a good book for anyone who would like to establish the daily habit of praise.

My rating: 4/5 stars.

Becky Harling is a popular speaker and author of several books. Her degree in biblical literature, as well as her experience as a missionary, women's ministries director, and survivor of breast cancer and sexual abuse, bring depth to her message. Her husband is pastor of Foothills Community Church in Arvada, Colorado. She and her husband have four grown children and four grandchildren. You can find out more at www.beckyharling.com.

David C Cook, 208 pages.

(My star ratings: 5-I love it, 4-I like it, 3-It's OK, 2-I don't like it, 1-I hate it.)

No comments: