About the Book:
If you are ready to ditch the excuses and take back your authority as a child of God then this book is for you! This book is for you if...
- You want to recognize damaging thoughts and stop them from influencing your life.
- You want to fulfill your desire to walk in God's authority so you're not swayed by daily stress.
- You're determined to gain control over your mind to find freedom, peace and clarity.
- You're looking for strategies so you can become immovable when dealing with life's challenges.
- You want to take hold of God's promises for your life.
- You want to feel confident and carefree.
- You're determined to take action to make-over your mind!
With several quotes and short stories about overcoming fear, this Christian book for women will offer inspiration to overcome anxiety with confidence.
This is a short yet good introduction to changing one's mindset, breaking free from mental bondage. She shares her own battle with self-worth and feelings of rejection so we know she has dealt with issues like ours.
Cooney says right up front that transformation requires a definitive decision that we do, in fact, want to change. I like her pointing out that we are three part beings. While our spirit becomes new, our soul is not instantly made new. It needs to be renewed. Habits and thought patterns need to be changed. She helps us identify root causes to bad thinking and how to renew our minds to who we are in Christ.
That is just some of the teaching in this book. It is a good introduction to spiritual transformation for Christians. I look forward to reading her other books on this topic.
My rating: 4/5 stars.
About the Author:
(My star ratings: 5-I love it, 4-I like it, 3-It's OK, 2-I don't like it, 1-I hate it.)