Thursday, July 23, 2026

Beach Thriller by Jamie Day

About the Book:


Holly Sinclair, a struggling author, is dead broke. After being evicted from her New York apartment, she returns to her family’s dilapidated beach house in coastal New England with one urgent goal: write a book that sells. Fast.

Reinventing herself won’t be easy, but the old seaside town offers a few unexpected allies. Gail, a driven local Realtor, introduces her to a charming handyman who can help her get back on her feet. Serena, the town psychic, offers encouragement and an unsettling warning about danger ahead. And Jade, a teen runaway, is hiding out in Holly’s attic and desperately needs a safe place to land.

My Review:

I had trouble getting into this novel. It did not grab me right away and did not capture my interest. There are several POVs, something I find affecting the flow of the plot after a while. I feel like the plot was somewhat predictable and not that unique. The ending seemed to be an attempt to make up for what was lacking in the rest of the novel. This is an okay summer read but nothing spectacular.

My rating: 3/5 stars.


St Martin's Press, 360 pages.

I received a complimentary egalley of this book from the publisher. My comments are an independent review.

(My star ratings: 5-An exceptional book, 4-Better than average, relevant and liked by me, 3-It is average, 2-It is below average and not liked by me, 1-It is practically unreadable.)

No comments: