About the Book:
Detective Noelle Marshall and FBI Agent Max Rhodes unearth bodies and secrets as they become targets of a serial killer in a chilling novel of suspense by a Wall Street Journal bestselling author.
When a search dog locates a mass burial ground in the Oregon forest, Detective Noelle Marshall is plunged into a hunt for a killer who’s hiding in plain sight. The key to her case lies in a decades-old secret: a lone survivor who escaped and is still out there, living in fear. The murderer is a phantom who left behind a collection of victims with nothing in common but their final resting place.
As pressure mounts to identify the bodies and find the killer, the investigation draws in FBI Agent Max Rhodes―Noelle’s partner in work and in life. They’ve hunted monsters before, but this one has spent years preparing for this moment, and he craves revenge. As the search narrows and the clock tightens, Noelle and Max must confront a predator who knows the terrain―and their weaknesses―better than they do.
My Review:
I have read many of Elliot's mysteries because they take place in Oregon, next to my own Washington State. I have enjoyed them, especially the Columbia River series. For some reason, this novel just did not seem as good as her earlier novels. It did not seem as tightly plotted as what I have come to suspect. And there is a great deal of hurt that happens, even to important characters. There is a dating section in this novel that did not seem well written. I like the investigative scenes Elliot writes much better than the dating ones.
I do have high standards for Elliot as I have thoroughly liked her novels. While I didn't think this one was up to what I have come to expect, I still liked it and will be watching for her next novel.
My rating: 4/5 stars.
About the Author:
(My star ratings: 5-An exceptional book, 4-Better than average, relevant and liked by me, 3-It is average, 2-It is below average and not liked by me, 1-It is practically unreadable.)


No comments:
Post a Comment