This is a great book to read on vacation. It contains insights centered around relaxing at the beach and then applies them to daily life. Some are lessons about life in general while others are specific to the Christian life. Scripture and quotes from well known people are also included. The illustrations of beach scenes are beautiful.
Here are some of the insights:
- Take time to soak in the sun (Son).
- Wake up each day with hopeful anticipation.
- Observe the rhythm of the tide (and God's perfect timing).
- Ride a wave and realize you are in God's care.
- Get lost in a book (engage your mind, share the lives of others).
- Relax to the sound of the waves (God, creating and sustaining).
- Create lasting memories (every day).
A trip to the beach reminds us of the beautiful gifts God gives us daily. This book reminds us to keep our eyes open each day, watching for evidence of God. It reminds us we can choose our priorities, that we can leave our troubles with God.
This book would be a good one to take on vacation. I suggest you take a journal along and read a rule a day, jotting down your thoughts. Or you could read a rule a weekend, as the author also suggests. You could experience the peace and rejuvenation of a day at the beach every Saturday.
Food for thought: “Be encouraged: you can live like you're at the beach.”
Thomas Nelson, 192 pages.
I received a complimentary egalley of this book from the publisher for the purpose of an independent and honest review.