Exodus 33:14 says "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.
Stress is a universal epidemic which has created desperation for peace in the hearts, minds, and souls of people everywhere. The problems of today’s world have created a sense of secret panic in the heart of every American, regarding jobs, homes, marriage, child rearing, financial security, and the future.
As a result, millions of people are forced to wake up every morning and face these stressors in their lives, feeling hopeless that life will improve, and inadequate and unequipped to make that happen. Although people have tried everything from massages to vacations and everything in between, many are overlooking the only real cure for stress – Jesus.
The inner peace that comes from the miracle of a changed heart, a renewed perspective on life, and a re-energized faith is the only kind of permanent peace available. Below you will find 10 tips for helping you tap into the peace-filled stress relief you have been searching for.
1. Recognize what is causing you the most stress and ask God to help you in those areas. Change the things you can change, but what you can’t change, turn over to God.
2. Reflect on what your definition of peace is. Is it based on your circumstances or your relationship with God? Ask God to help you relax because of who He is, not because life is conflict free.
3. Reclaim your identity. Make sure that the opinion you have of yourself lines up with what God’s Word says about you, and not the opinions of others or the trappings of comparison. Forgive those who have hurt you and embrace your worth and value in Christ.
4. Redirect your thoughts. Focus on becoming an optimist, putting pessimism behind you.
5. Rearrange your priorities and control your busyness. Ask God for guidance about what your priorities should be right now, and for the courage to make changes as He sees fit.
6. Refresh yourself by getting a portion of God’s Word every day, so that His peace can fill your heart. Also make time for yourself and do something that you enjoy.
7. Release your fears and worries to God, instead of letting them suffocate your joy and peace. Ask God for the strength to trust that He has it all under control.
8. Refocus on what’s really important in life. Don’t become consumed with sweating the small stuff.
9. Reinforce your faith by spending time in prayer, studying scripture, and fellowshipping with other believers. Equip yourself with spiritual armor so you will be prepared to stand strong when adversity strikes.
10. Recharge your life by humbling yourself before God, acknowledging your stress, and embracing the true rest that He offers.
To dig deeper into each of these 10 tips and learn how to apply them to your life, and to receive a daily challenge activity for each tip, sign up for Tracie’s free 10 DAY STRESS DETOX on her blog at www.traciewmiles.com.