Olsen, a staffer with Proverbs 31 Ministries, believes, “...each new generation of women needs to encounter God and discover His truths for themselves.” (22) She covers a dozen hidden treasures from God's Word:
- Jesus has invited us to come to God through Him,
- We are to value the Kingdom of God, not the things of the marketplace,
- We are to let God exalt us rather than plotting our own promotion,
- We are to let our heavenly lawyer plead our case,
- We are to store up treasures in heaven rather than hoarding possessions here,
- We are to allow God to be our storm shelter,
- We are to concentrate on God's plan for better living, not the world's fickle standards,
- We are to live our part of being in God's family by helping others and letting them help us,
- We are to pause to rest and be restored,
- We are to concentrate more on a clear conscience than clear skin,
- We are to value wisdom more than our retirement fund.
Olsen is quick to point out that the secrets in her book are by no means all of God's deep secrets. If we are faithful with these, however, God will reveal more secrets to us along the way.